Let’s let Wombatgirl redeem herself with something a little more me-ish. And what better than A&D? With this one I have now tried every single A&D tea except Series 1. But that’s okay, because Series one didn’t have anything I was interested in anyway. I’m not particularly fond of Ceylons, don’t much care for Dragonwell, and have found the Nepals I’ve tried to be rather too Darjeeling-y. So this is the last of the ones that count for me.

The aroma of the dry leaves isn’t very strong, but it’s very nice. There’s spicy pepper-y very Yunnan note to it that makes me think I’m definitely not going to get disappointed by this one.

There’s something sweet in the aroma after steeping that I can’t quite pin down. (I saw that about everything, don’t I?) I’m leaning a little towards something semi-chocolateish. Maybe something to do with raisins as well. And that is of course all along with the spicy pepper that is typical for the region.

Aaaaah, this is good tea. Very typical Yunnan-ish to it, and actually, I’m shocked at how quickly I’ve come to recognise the typicalness of the type. It’s very Yunnan-ish, but there’s something else underneath. Something that tastes a bit like that note from before smelled. I really do think we’re leaning towards something to do with chocolate on that one, although I still can’t really pin it down.

But yes, this is much much much much much much much much much much much better.

Jillian

I can shared some of my Series 1 with you if you’d like – I have plenty of all three.

Angrboda

Nah, as mentioned, Series 1 looks like a collection of Blah for me. Don’t really care much for either type.

Comments

Jillian

Angrboda