Goodmorning Steepsterites

I’m having the second steep of this this morning, having had the first last night (where it helped me to churn out 700+ words, yay! I know I have other writerly types among my Steepsterites, some published, some just writing for the drawer like me, but 700 words is a LOT for me. As is 500 which was my goal). I didn’t pay too much attention to it last night, I just wanted something forceful, sort of, while I was writing. If I’m determined to get something done, I need to have a tea that matches.

This morning, however, I’m having a cup full of honey and pricklyness. At the first sip I get a whole lot of the pepper-y prickly note. I have almost completely decided to give in to it being pepper, primarily, rather than smoke, although I do think there’s an undertone of smoke to it.

Once you get past the prickly pepperness, it’s so smooth and sweet as if there’s honey in it. It’s actually very nice on the second steep. Perhaps it’s because I wasn’t paying attention to the first steep at all, but right now it seems to me that the second is superior to the first.

gmathis

Yay on exceeding word count! Best writing adage ever shared with me: “Write something, even if it’s stupid. You can always edit stupid.”

Comments

gmathis

The Formalities