I’m trying to get some writing done at the moment. The goal is 500 words total and I’m nearly halfway there, so I’m giving myself a short break. I have joined up with a group of like-minded writerly types elsewhere for a motivational project. 500 words, five days a week, 12 weeks with a weekly check-in. Week 2, doing well so far.

Point is, I was looking for an inspirational tea. It seems I don’t currently have one in my collection. At least not one that seemed inspirational today. Next solution then was to find one that might be interesting because it had been untouched for a while, while at the same time one that wasn’t so good that I would be distracted by paying attention to it while drinking.

Something out of the ordinary that I didn’t have to focus on. I believe that would be this tea, because honestly it’s probably the only way I’ll ever get through the tin. Then, when I’ve got my 500 words, I can reward myself with something nommy or something new.

I’m not a fan. I bought it in the UK because the name combined with the fact that I was IN England at the time felt like an obvious combination to the point where it even negated my natural sceptism of floral scented tea. I think I could have dealt with the flowers alone though. The fact that it is also heavily flavoured with jackfruit completely blindsided me. So heavily flavoured actually, that it’s really just a jackfruit tea decorated with some rose petals. That’s how it seems.

And you know, I’ve never tasted jackfruit in any other way than this, but I rather think I wouldn’t like it much, which totally doesn’t help here at all either.

At least it’s something to drink while writing. It’s better than eating biscuits or crisps or whatever. Health-wise, not flavour-wise.

I’m going to adjust the rating downwards a bit. Again.

cteresa

I have this as well, and I agree, this is a fruit, rather than a flower flavoured tea. I am not sure what jackfruit is, I considered it something lychee-ish (though not lychee. I like lychee flavoured black tea usually), but rose it is not.

Tamara Fox

That’s frustrating when the flavor seems ‘doctored.’ I like a rose tea on occasion, but something simple is best, as the rose petals are quite strong. Maybe they tried to sweeten it with the jackfruit? Either way, there are probably better rose teas out there.

Alana237

I have this as well, and also was disappointed with it. I have definitely had better rose teas.

Comments

cteresa

Tamara Fox