drank Tan Yang Te Ji by TeaSpring

Friends, Romans, Steepsterites!

I have returned from my UK holiday. I have nommed some good food, met with some good people of the boyfriend-relatives category, I have had some dialect-related culture shocks and been introduced to some more intrinsic English things (bread and butter pudding, anyone?)

I have, however, also had a lot of english tea, which when brewed in a traditionally (these days) english way is… Well, a beverage. It’s good enough, it serves its purpose and it’s better than nothing, but it does not compare to this hoity-toity fancy-pants loose leaf business that I’m used to.

(And also, this time the boyfriend managed to somehow put it in his mother’s head that I only wanted Earl Grey. Apparently he’s decided it’s something that I drink all the time and was genuinely surprised (and contrite) when I informed him that I’m not actually really a fan of bergamot, which often comes across as dusty-flavoured to me. I have some, yes, but only one of those brands, in recent history, I have bought myself, and that was the A&D which wasn’t really an option, because it came as part of a set, where I wanted one of the others. Poor boyfriend, he tried so hard and got it so wrong. :(

I didn’t want to correct that halfway through the week though, and told him so, as that would just have made his mother feel bad for having consequently given me the one I liked the least all the time. (Even if I strongly suspect the others had BLEEDING LAPSANG!!! wants! cries!) )

I have returned to the nest, however. There will be a trip-report posted elsewhere for those interested in reading about what we did on holiday. It will have pictures! It’ll be ready at some time after friday, and I shall drop a link when it is.

Gosh, it’s been a long day! I have some chores to do before bedtime. Thankfully I won’t have to go to work until Thursday.

Tan Yang Te Ji, favourite tea of ALL TIME YOU GUYS, is just the thing to come home to. I’m on second steep at the moment, the tin is worryingly low, but it’s giving me the right sort of energy to go forth and clean the fridge while it’s nearly empty anyway.

Hurrah for favourite tea!