drank Lapsang Souchong by A C Perch's

Pamela Dax Dean sent me a box of tea. A massive box of tea. And when I say ‘massive’ I mean ‘enourmous’! Like… HUGE!

In other words, I had 68 items in my Steepster cupboard. When I’m done adding all this stuff, I expect it’s probably doubled. Or nearly so anyway. I don’t think my Bits’n’Bops Basket is big enough anymore, it was fairly full as it was.

So, I’m adding stuff now. Given all this new stuff, I probably ought to have made some of it, but I really need something familiar and fortifying while sorting.

Disclaimer At this point let me just say that I officially give up trying to keep track of who sent me what. I know I still have stuff that Jillian and Wombatgirl specifically sent me and some stuff from some of you others as well, but I don’t have the brain capacity to keep track of where this much stuff came from. Forgive me.

Right. Back to work…

EDIT This is NOT the TTB.
And that was 57 new items.

Uniquity

Is that the return of the TTB? Do you get to keep whatever if left?? That would be amazing…

Angrboda

No, it’s a separate box, although some of it came from the TTB. This is a bit complicated. The real TTB is on its way to the last person on the list before returning to me, and Pamela divided some of into equal shares and sent directly so me in order to keep the TTB weight at 4lb. When the TTB comes, then yes, I can keep it since I started it in the first place. It may seem a little unfair that I get to keep all that stuff, but I DID tell participants to try and keep the weight of the box constant and it started at a little over 1lb. I even made it one of the rules, wrote it in all caps and repeated reminders of it a bajillion times. Nobody paid attention though, and it grew out of control. I knew that would happen, so it’s a little annoying that people chose to collectively ignore me on that point. So yeah, I’m keeping it even though I did have some ideas for a fun way to tie the round off. Their loss. :)

Uniquity

I’ve read some of the back history of the TTB…you definitely pointed out the weight limits! I think it’s marvellous that as the originator it goes back to you. I’m bad enough for having more teas than I could try, the TTB would just send me in a frenzy. I suppose I could quit my job to drink tea fulltime : ) Enjoy!

Pamela Dean

Angrboda, I sent you many samples in addition to the half-portions from the ttb because I appreciate your tasting notes so much and to show my appreciation for your starting the ttb and shepherding it through so many months of travel. And I’ll say it again … thank you, Ang!

Angrboda

When I saw the box I didn’t think much of it, really. I’ve recycled whatever boxes I’ve had on hand myself, so I figured you’d just put some sort of padding in. When I opened it my thought was something along the lines of “halp…!” It took the entire evening to sort through everything, find them on Steepster and add the lot that I couldn’t find. Now I don’t know where to start :)
Do forgive me for not offering direct credit for the ones you’ve send me. I can do it now when I’ve so recently received it, but I’m choosing not to, really, because it’s a question of time before I can’t remember anymore and would start putting the wrong names on stuff. When I have a roomier kitchen, I’ll have to contrive some sort of system that will help me remember that sort of thing.

Comments

Uniquity

Pamela Dean