drank Yerba Mate by Adagio Teas

Poor me.

I am in the sort of state where real tea, no matter how good, just has a funny unpleasant side-flavour. I do have an absolutely vile mix of licorice root and chamomile which, while soothing, is, well, vile.

On top of that I’m feeling partly the effects of fever and partly the effects of little to no tea, and therefore little to no caffeine since around noonish yesterday.

This seems to be the obvious choice under the circumstances. I’m not sure if I would call it particularly soothing, but at least it doesn’t have as much of that funny flavour. Or maybe it does, and I’m not noticing it as much because I don’t know it as well as I know tea. Or something.

It’s not giving me a lot of smoky notes, but looking at the post I made about it originally, I didn’t get a lot of smoke out of it when my tastebuds weren’t twisted all funny.

I’m mostly getting a heavy greenery flavour out of it today, the pea pod and mint notes. I’m not sure about the pea pod note, but the mint note at least is quite welcome today. Note that I don’t usually care that much for mint. It doesn’t really have the full freshness of mint but it’s leaning sufficiently in that direction to help alleviate this funky taste in my mouth that no amount of tooth brushing can seem to get rid of.

I believe I’ve found my purpose for mate. It seems to be a good tea substitute when poorly.

Poor me.

(And yes, I am also remembering to try and drink a lot of water)

teawing

Hope you feel better soon.

Indigobloom

eeek, get well quick!! going without tea is dreadful :(

Uniquity

I’m drinking all my bland bagged tea this week (losing to a headcold…haven’t been able to taste in days). On the plus side, the bland bagged is disappearing!

Cole

Aww! I like to brew my Yerba Mate strong and use it as a coffee substitute, but I’ve only had it prepared once where it truly blew my mind. Then again, maybe that was just the leftover Ayahuasca…

Comments

teawing

Hope you feel better soon.

Indigobloom