Help, I’m suffering from internetshop-initis! I’ve had an A C Perch’s order come in recently and now a Chi of Tea order as well. I couldn’t help it. It was like the mouse jumped me and twisted my arm or something. And it gets worse. The Chi of Tea order? Two things of substance. One a stock-up of the Keemun and the other a smaller pouch of Lapsang Souchong, because I’m always moderately interested in sampling a good LS. That doesn’t sound so bad until we come to the actual unpacking and putting away of new loot, and finding in the Bits’n’Bops Basket one half pouch of Chi of Tea LS that I had clear forgotten I had. I could lie and say I was stocking up, but that would be all too easy to see through as neither the quantity of the new pouch nor the old one corroborates the story. Let mocking commence.

So I confessed to the boyfriend and was indeed mocked. “You have bought so much tea,” he said, “that you’ve tried everything in the world and are now starting in on the second circuit.”

All in all, I got off easy.

Anyway, with the Chi of Tea order was also the three random samples, which has led me to consider when exactly it is one can say to have won the Sample Lottery. Is it when you get samples of something good you’ve tried before and know for absolute fact you’ll enjoy, or is it when you get something you wouldn’t otherwise have considered and have never tried before? My personal jury is still out on the issue.

At any rate, I got some good samples. Two tried, tested and true and one new one which I considered when making the order but ultimately decided to wait with and think it over.

This was one of the Triple Ts. It’s funny, this one actually. I have a pouch of them and everytime I’ve made an order I’ve received three more hearts in a sample. They’re quite nice so I’m not complaining, but it puts me in an amusing situation where it seems like the more I drink, the more of it I’ve got. (This is because I haven’t had it often, mainly around the times when I’ve received an order)

I was afraid today’s brew, first steep very nearly forgotten, was going to be ridiculously strong. It’s possibly that I’ve managed to put my tastebuds in a coma with throat lozenges (am still apparently attempting to expel own respiratory system via oral orifice), but it strikes me as incredibly smoooooooooth today.

It has that honeyed note on the finish that I’ve described before. A rather interesting note of strongly flavoured honey. I know it’s just a pseudo-note, that honey, but it still feels really nice in a throat that is quite sore from repeated expelling of air in a forceful manner.

You know, every time I have one of these I wonder why I don’t have one more often. I suspect it has to do with the fact that whenever I do have one, it keeps me in tea for the rest of the day.

Kristin

Do you brew one whole heart to a 12 oz cup or break up the heart? I have some of this on the way and I have no idea what to do with it.

Angrboda

My cups hold about a half liter. I’m not sure how large that is in oz-es (we’re completely metric in Denmark so I haven’t a clue how much or little it is), but no, I never break them up. I just use a whole one and really short steeping times. Some people, I’ve seen, break them to bits first, but I’ve found they fall easily apart on their own when made wet so I usually don’t bother.

Jillian

Ang, 8oz is one cup which is about 240mL, so 12 oz is 1.5 cup or about 360 mL. Is that any help?

Kristin

thanks. mine arrived today. I think i was expecting them to be much larger.

Angrboda

Jillian, yes, that does put it into perspective. Thank you. :)

Kristin, yes, I was expecting them to be larger as well. If you make them like I do without using some sort of filter-y stuff around the leaves, I would advice using a strainer when pouring. The bits, when it breaks up, are quite small.

Comments

Kristin

Jillian

Kristin

thanks. mine arrived today. I think i was expecting them to be much larger.

Angrboda

Jillian, yes, that does put it into perspective. Thank you. :)

The Formalities