drank Golden Needle King by Shang Tea

This tea is brought to you by one part glee and two parts comfort.

Glee. Mr Prime Minister finally saw fit to announce a general election. It’s about freaking time too; now let’s get it over with. If he had waited until thursday next week it would have been the longest time between general elections ever since the current constitution was passed. (Every four years. The PM can choose any time which works for him, but he can’t go over those four years. Not even by a day.)

Don’t worry, I’m not going to turn political. I certainly know what I’m hoping, but I’ll keep it to myself. There may be some jubilation or drowning of sorrows once the result is in, but otherwise I shan’t bother you.

Comfort 1 I have a cold. Again. I’m pretending it doesn’t exist, but I would like the comfort.

Comfort 2 This was not even supposed to be a factor originally, and it’s brought on by the fact that I apparently tinned this in a tin with a very tight fitting lid. A VERY tight fitting lid. Very. I’m sure you can guess where this is going.

Maybe half a pot’s worth on the floor. That’s a lot when you only bought around 25 grams and my floors are not in any sort of state for leaf salvation.

So as you can see, I have ample reason to bring out the big guns here. This tea is going to have to infuse me with some energy and optimism. Only the Very Best will do under such circumstances.

Ashley Bain

oh no :( I have done this. tins can be evil.

Kashyap

dont know if its allergies or a cold..but if you need a nice comfort tea that has some health jazz…find some white chrysanthemum or the Burdock mint oolong from Naivetea is a nice eye opener :) hope you feel better and like it says in our local free paper “everything is political”

Angrboda

Ashley, I know! I was totally not expecting it to do that since it’s not a new tin. I’ve used it before. I usually cut the label off the bag the leaves comes in, though, and squeeze that in between tin and lid as a way of labelling the tins. I don’t want a lot of adhesive on the tins. I suspect that label might have been partly at fault here.

Kashyap, I think it’s a cold, because I’ve never been prone to allergies. I know they can start late in life, but I haven’t seen any other symptoms or pollen-patterns yet that corroborates with allergy. The boyfriend is just getting over a cold now as well. I suspect we’ve been infecting each other back and forth since moving in together.

Jenn

I have spilled tea in exactly the same way! There’s no sense in crying over spilled tea, but my eyes have swelled with tears a time or two.

Please take care of yourself and feel better soon. August is a silly month for a cold, but I just got over a bad one and I know several other people who have too. Take some tea and rest. Repeat often :)

Angrboda

Hey, I just had a thought. This was the first week back at work after my holiday. Maybe I’m allergic to work!!!

ssajami

This is a well known affliction. It’s called Work Re-adjustment Syndrome. It is most common in the post-vacation stage, and can last for about a week. There is no cure. However it has been clinically proven to be eased somewhat by drinking lots of tea. Particularly the kind you love the most. No sampling, or drinking the so-so kinds of teas. No, no, no. For this syndrome, only the big guns will do the trick.

Sound real enough, no? As if any of us need an excuse to drink tea :)

Feel better!

Comments

Ashley Bain

oh no :( I have done this. tins can be evil.

Kashyap

Jenn

ssajami

Sound real enough, no? As if any of us need an excuse to drink tea :)

Feel better!