drank Vanilla Tea by Whittard of Chelsea

And there are now 2 tins and 6 samples to go before I’m allowed to get new orders in. I’ve decided which companies I think I want to shop with and what I think I’ll want to buy. I think. Maybe.

There’s a race on now. Can I finish these requirements before my new Visa/debitcard arrives or will the card get here first? Yeah, following the theft of the phone the other day a colleague told us to have our cards closed as well, because all the thief would have to do was write down the information on the card and then they could abuse it online. So I’m now not only phoneless, I’m also penniless. I’ve got money. I just can’t get to it. The boyfriend is providing me with cash for the next few days until I get a new card, but GOSH it’s irritating. And limiting!

So we’re still sticking to really good teas, because I’m still in a foul mood. I’m glad I’ve got another vanilla tea in stock though. It took me a while to really come round to it, but I have reached a point where I must have something black and vanilla flavoured in the house. It’s just a question now of finding the perfect brand as well. The Chi of Tea vanilla Nilgiri famously briefly held the spot, but since that has now been out of stock since, it seems, the dawn of time, I’ll just have to look elsewhere. I’ve got a few different ones planned for ‘auditioning’ and if all else fails, I believe I might be able to blend my way to perfection. What I really want is a vanilla black, vanilla primarily and then just a touch of coconut. Just enough coconut to add depth, but not enough to necessarily be immediately recognisable as such. As a variation, also in combination with a sort of fruit, like the strawberry zabaglione 52teas had at one point.

Ryan Burress

You might try Paris tea from Harney & Sons. It’s mostly vanilla with a little caramel. You can get a 3-4 cup sample for $2.00.

I hope everything works out and gets back to normal for you soon. :)

Angrboda

I think I’ve had a sample of that once. Unfortunately H&S are quite beyond my reach, international shipping fees and me being in Europe and such things.
Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

(I’ve tried home-mixed blends of vanilla and caramel before though. A lovely result. )

Comments

Ryan Burress

I hope everything works out and gets back to normal for you soon. :)

Angrboda

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

The Formalities