drank Oxford Brew by Jeeves & Jericho

Oxford. I always get associations to something rather posh when I think ‘Oxford’. Same with Cambridge really, but having actually been in Cambridge, these days my associations with Cambridge have more to do with excessive book shopping to be honest.

Anyway, the tea smells rather posh too, and although the chap on the tin is definitely Oxford-y, he looks rather too mischievous to be associated with this sort of posh smelling tea.

The tea is blended of Assam and Keemun, and I have to say they’re pulling it off extremely well. I can easily pick out both flavour profiles. The high, slightly astringent notes of Assam, with semi-cardboard flavour and raisin notes and the grainy undertones of Keemun providing the body, with floral flower-y notes and smoothness.

It’s really a very pleasant blend this, well suited both for mornings and afternoons, and I suspect if you were a milk-in-tea-er, it would carry milk nicely as well.

Devilish

Haha, but Oxonians are indeed anything but posh… they ARE mischievous! This new tea brand is quite interesting, I am looking forward to trying their tea some day :)

Angrboda

I’ve been pretty pleased with my first order, and I like how much of an effort they’ve put into describing their products. I definitely don’t think I’m finished shopping with them. :) I’ve had this one at the back of my mind all day, in fact. It’s possible I might end up stocking up on it.

Comments

Devilish

Angrboda