drank Caramel by Kusmi Tea

How much do I love this one?

T_________H_________I__________S_________________M_________U_________C_________H!

Normally I make this with a water temperature of about 90°C, but on a whim today I tried lowering it even further to 80°C. I’m not sure why I did that. It was just one of those things.

I was craving this one today for some reason. My day went a whole lot better than yesterday, and I just figured some truly awesome tea would be a good thing to add to it.

Actually, that’s a lie. It was the vanilla from yesterday, really, that I fancied, but then I decided to do that thing with the temperature and thought it would be better to do that with one I knew inside and out and sideways so that I could really compare the results.

The result is that 80°C is too low for me. The tea seems a bit watery and weakly compared to my usual experience, as if it has not been able to fully develop during steeping. It lacks a lot of creamy-ness that it usually displays so prettily.

Okay, then. That’s useful knowledge. 90°C really is a very good temperature.

TeaBrat

this seems like the one from kushmi to try…

Angrboda

It’s my very very favourite from them and my perfect Caramel black. Bit subtle on the flavouring and the less than boiling temperature is important, though.

TeaBrat

I tried one at Samovar a few weeks ago, it was ok but I did not notice anything amazing…

Tamm

Seeing this made me want some of this so I brewed up a cup! :) mmmmm perfect for super-chilly November basement days.

cteresa

I have been looking for this, loose leaf, based just on your love it. Well, must check again the places where they usually have Kusmi loose leaf tea. Beautiful as Kusmi tins are, i do not want to invest too much, since so far me and Kusmi teas have not quite hit it off – though not for lack of trying on my part. But this one, ah it sounds like it might be the one for me.

Matt

My amazon wishlist thanks you. I look forward to this one!

Angrboda

Cteresa, unless you can find a sample tin of it, I think the smallest you can hope for is 125g. Alternatively, if you like, I can totally share a sample with you. :) Shoot me a pm if you are interested in that.

Matt, you are quite welcome. I hope you will like it. :)

cteresa

Ah, thank you so much for the offer, but I will keep looking. Some local places got 5 or 10 kg bags of Kusmi (and more usually Mariage Freres) tea which then they sell by the gram, the 50 gr is the usually minimum you can buy and quite reasonable a price to try (it´s usually around 70-80 euros a kilo for loose tea, so much more reasonable a way to try than a full tin. Though if you are going to not use it all very fast, it is better if kept in some airproof container) . Thank you so much for you, I will keep lobbying the local stores to have this particular Kusmi blend in that by-the-weight format.

Okeydoke. :)

Comments

TeaBrat

this seems like the one from kushmi to try…

Tamm

Matt

My amazon wishlist thanks you. I look forward to this one!

Angrboda

Matt, you are quite welcome. I hope you will like it. :)

Okeydoke. :)