drank Tanzania GFOP by A C Perch's

And that’s the end of the Tanzania.

I have really enjoyed this tea, and to her vast surprise, so has my boss. This was actually one we bought for work. My interest in African teas was very new then, so I had to have it. My boss was sceptical because of the relatively high caffeine content. We compromised. The smallest amount of loose leaf AC Perch’s will allow you to buy from the webshop is 100g, so we bought the bag of 100g. I then divided it up into two equal portions, took one to work and kept one at home. My boss then only paid me back for half of the work-portion.

Now that it’s gone, though, I am definitely going to want to stock up on it again. As mentioned, even my boss found that she liked it a lot more than she had expected. Her own surprise was clearly audible when she told me this.

This was the last of the home portion. The work portion disappeared a long time ago. I would prefer to stock up on it at work rather than at home, I think. I found it an excellent work tea, and before you ask me what sort of qualities a work tea should have, let me tell you that I don’t know. It’s something to do with how it feels in the situation, so it’s not even something I can try to predict. We’ll see if the boss is interested in another batch of it. If not, I’ll probably get it for home.

ashmanra

Do you take this with milk and sugar? Would you say it is more like an Assam? I have only had one African tea and it was from Kenya.

Angrboda

It’s very rare that I add anything at all to any tea. Sometimes I do as an experiment, but generally not.
I wouldn’t say it was really like anything. It’s got a full strong flavour but it’s just sort of default tea. Somewhat akin to Kenya, I think, but not really the same. I wouldn’t say it was a lot like Assam, it doesn’t have that Indian astringency at all.

ScottTeaMan

I’ve had one CTC Tanzanian tea. It does have a distinct flavor, I really enjoyed it.

Angrboda

This one isn’t CTC, the leaves are much too large for that.

oOTeaOo

I am an absolute huge fan of Tanzanian tea. :) I haven’t tried this particular one, but I am tempted to make a purchase.

Angrboda

oOTeaOo, you would probably be better off trying to find the estate elsewhere. Perch’s will ship internationally, but they charge an arm and a leg for it.

Comments

ashmanra

ScottTeaMan

Angrboda

This one isn’t CTC, the leaves are much too large for that.

oOTeaOo