drank Chai Kit by Verdant Tea

I like this chai. It’s neither too weak nor too strong. It’s a good comfort drink.

However, I don’t feel like the exotic ingredients added to the spice blend such as saffron really come through. It’s not that big of a deal, but Spanish saffron is very expensive, so I’m not sure if it’s worth the investment.

It’s also a bit annoying that the ingredients come packaged in non-resealable bags that make way too much chai for one person. Single serving bags would have been better, as I understand the purpose of this kit is to make it more convenient to prepare. In the future I will probably buy some Laoshan Black and the spice mix separately.

Finally, there was a bit of confusion about the preparation, since the printed instructions in the box differed from those on the website. I ended up going with the printed version. They were quite a bit different with the proportions, so I wonder what is best.

I have only tried this chai with cow milk so far, but almond milk might be worth trying. Either way it’s a solid choice that would make a good gift or introduction to this drink.