My first rooibos tea!

I’d heard about rooibos teas from a friend of mine who really likes them. I decided to give this one a go after the $1/oz deal from Tropical Tea Company.

I tried this while—surprise!—studying for an exam. So, again, I wasn’t paying very much attention to flavour. I just wanted something pleasant to drink while trudging through endless lines of text and various powerpoints. Be warned that my memory might be fuzzy on some details.

So, the details: blueberry. Lots of blueberries.

As a matter of fact, that’s all that I can remember of this. Blueberry when I opened the pouch, blueberry when I brewed this, blueberry when I drank it. I get the feeling that I probably missed some subtle notes of other flavours in there.

If you don’t like blueberries/blueberry-flavoured foods and drinks, don’t get this. I love blueberries, and berries in general, so I intend to have another cup of this sometime again.

And now, the word ‘blueberry’ no longer makes sense to me at the moment. Yay, semantic satiation. :P

College student. Anthropology and evolutionary biology major with various interests ranging from theatre to medicine to programming.

I enjoy black teas, green teas, pu’er, and oolongs (uaually aged or roasted/dark), depending on my mood. I’ve had limited experiences with white, mate, honeybush, matcha, and rooibos teas/tisanes. I’m not much of a fan of jasmine teas.

I’m still trying to figure out a rating system to go along with my developing tea tasting skills, so pardon any inconsistencies in my numerical ratings. At the moment, my rating system is as follows:

96-100: This tea is a must-have (or at least, a must-try).
90-95: This tea is amazing. I love it!
80-89: I really like this tea, and I may be inclined to get more of it once I run out.
60-79: While I like this tea, I don’t plan on having it in constant supply in my tea stash.
50-59: I dislike this tea. It’s tolerable enough for me to finish the cup, but I don’t think I’ll be trying it again any time soon.
Below 50: I don’t like it at all. (Ranging from “I avoid it” to “You couldn’t get me to drink it if you paid me”)

Current favourites:
Irish Breakfast (Butiki, Adagio, or Golden Moon)
Grandpa’s Anytime Tea (Butiki)
Premium Taiwanese Assam (Butiki)
Special Dark (Mandala)
Xingyang 1998 Golden Leaf (Verdant)
Golden Fleece (Verdant)
Silver Buds Yabao (Verdant)
Milk Oolong (Mandala)
Hu-Kwa (Mark T. Wendell)
Paris (Harney & Sons)
Manistee Moonrise (Whispering Pines)
Coconut Pouchong/Oolong (Golden Moon or Zen Tea Life)

Ohio