drank Paris by Harney & Sons

Backlogging from yesterday. Shared some of this with a suitemate who doesn’t usually drink tea, but seems to enjoy the citrus-y/bergamot-y teas I’ve offered before. She smelled the leaves from the sampler pouch and seemed to have been just as in love with this as I was with smelling the Florence tea (also a H&S tea).

Unfortunately, I don’t have much else to offer in this note. The aroma after brewing was very fruity. It’s a very light, clean, palate-cleaning tea with a berrylike flavour that’s followed by a hint of citrus near the end. I don’t recall picking up on vanilla or caramel like what others have mentioned, but I admittedly wasn’t paying very much attention to the tea as I was drinking it at the time (aforementioned suitemate and I were venting about having a second fire alarm going off in less than a week while sipping this tea).

College student. Anthropology and evolutionary biology major with various interests ranging from theatre to medicine to programming.

I enjoy black teas, green teas, pu’er, and oolongs (uaually aged or roasted/dark), depending on my mood. I’ve had limited experiences with white, mate, honeybush, matcha, and rooibos teas/tisanes. I’m not much of a fan of jasmine teas.

I’m still trying to figure out a rating system to go along with my developing tea tasting skills, so pardon any inconsistencies in my numerical ratings. At the moment, my rating system is as follows:

96-100: This tea is a must-have (or at least, a must-try).
90-95: This tea is amazing. I love it!
80-89: I really like this tea, and I may be inclined to get more of it once I run out.
60-79: While I like this tea, I don’t plan on having it in constant supply in my tea stash.
50-59: I dislike this tea. It’s tolerable enough for me to finish the cup, but I don’t think I’ll be trying it again any time soon.
Below 50: I don’t like it at all. (Ranging from “I avoid it” to “You couldn’t get me to drink it if you paid me”)

Current favourites:
Irish Breakfast (Butiki, Adagio, or Golden Moon)
Grandpa’s Anytime Tea (Butiki)
Premium Taiwanese Assam (Butiki)
Special Dark (Mandala)
Xingyang 1998 Golden Leaf (Verdant)
Golden Fleece (Verdant)
Silver Buds Yabao (Verdant)
Milk Oolong (Mandala)
Hu-Kwa (Mark T. Wendell)
Paris (Harney & Sons)
Manistee Moonrise (Whispering Pines)
Coconut Pouchong/Oolong (Golden Moon or Zen Tea Life)

Ohio