drank Plum Crazy by Joy's Teaspoon

I got this as a sample from Joy’s Teaspoon a while back. Thanks!

First off, this tea really does smell like plums. Fresh, sweet, juicy plums with a hint of some spice to it. Plum jam then, I guess.

The tea does taste rather like plums, too, but lacking in the sweetness… I probably should have added some sugar, in retrospect. As in my last note, I was tempted away from my tea by freshly baked goodies from my suitemates. Half of us decided to go off the meal plan to save money and hopefully eat slightly healthier. I guess the problem is that all of us like to bake things on top of cooking (each of us a different item, too— I deal with pies, another deals with cookies and brownies, and the other any random recipe she can get her hands on). So, if we keep it up at this rate, we’ll have enough baked goods to last us through a zombie apocalypse, heh.

So anyway, the tea was cold by the time I got back to it. I finished it up, and I have to say, I’m pretty sure this would taste wonderful as an iced tea. The one major thing I thought of when sipping it was the poem “This Is Just To Say” by William Carlos Williams, which I’ve cut and pasted here:

I have eaten

so sweet
and so cold

Azzrian

LOL I like that poem.

Comments

Azzrian

LOL I like that poem.

College student. Anthropology and evolutionary biology major with various interests ranging from theatre to medicine to programming.

I enjoy black teas, green teas, pu’er, and oolongs (uaually aged or roasted/dark), depending on my mood. I’ve had limited experiences with white, mate, honeybush, matcha, and rooibos teas/tisanes. I’m not much of a fan of jasmine teas.

I’m still trying to figure out a rating system to go along with my developing tea tasting skills, so pardon any inconsistencies in my numerical ratings. At the moment, my rating system is as follows:

96-100: This tea is a must-have (or at least, a must-try).
90-95: This tea is amazing. I love it!
80-89: I really like this tea, and I may be inclined to get more of it once I run out.
60-79: While I like this tea, I don’t plan on having it in constant supply in my tea stash.
50-59: I dislike this tea. It’s tolerable enough for me to finish the cup, but I don’t think I’ll be trying it again any time soon.
Below 50: I don’t like it at all. (Ranging from “I avoid it” to “You couldn’t get me to drink it if you paid me”)

Current favourites:
Irish Breakfast (Butiki, Adagio, or Golden Moon)
Grandpa’s Anytime Tea (Butiki)
Premium Taiwanese Assam (Butiki)
Special Dark (Mandala)
Xingyang 1998 Golden Leaf (Verdant)
Golden Fleece (Verdant)
Silver Buds Yabao (Verdant)
Milk Oolong (Mandala)
Hu-Kwa (Mark T. Wendell)
Paris (Harney & Sons)
Manistee Moonrise (Whispering Pines)
Coconut Pouchong/Oolong (Golden Moon or Zen Tea Life)

Ohio