drank Buttered Rum (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

Almost finished with my pouch. Yum, the creamy butter and coconutiness!

Anyway, I’m mostly writing this to say goodbye for the next few months to my fellow Steepsterites. I was accepted to join a professor’s field seminar in Ethiopia, so I’ll be in a rural area for most of the next two and a half months and probably won’t be getting internet until the last few weeks of the seminar, in Addis Ababa. My flight leaves early tomorrow morning. Take care, everyone, and I look forward to reading all of your notes when I get back! :)

Bonnie

God be with you. Such a beautiful history but so much suffering too.I look forward to the stories on your return,especially when you’ve had a real coffee ceremony (maybe you’ve been to one here) . You’ll be there for all of Lent and possibly Pascha (Easter) which is a big deal there.

Terri HarpLady

I think this was one of my picks for International Talk Like a Pirate day!

Comments

Bonnie

Terri HarpLady

I think this was one of my picks for International Talk Like a Pirate day!

College student. Anthropology and evolutionary biology major with various interests ranging from theatre to medicine to programming.

I enjoy black teas, green teas, pu’er, and oolongs (uaually aged or roasted/dark), depending on my mood. I’ve had limited experiences with white, mate, honeybush, matcha, and rooibos teas/tisanes. I’m not much of a fan of jasmine teas.

I’m still trying to figure out a rating system to go along with my developing tea tasting skills, so pardon any inconsistencies in my numerical ratings. At the moment, my rating system is as follows:

96-100: This tea is a must-have (or at least, a must-try).
90-95: This tea is amazing. I love it!
80-89: I really like this tea, and I may be inclined to get more of it once I run out.
60-79: While I like this tea, I don’t plan on having it in constant supply in my tea stash.
50-59: I dislike this tea. It’s tolerable enough for me to finish the cup, but I don’t think I’ll be trying it again any time soon.
Below 50: I don’t like it at all. (Ranging from “I avoid it” to “You couldn’t get me to drink it if you paid me”)

Current favourites:
Irish Breakfast (Butiki, Adagio, or Golden Moon)
Grandpa’s Anytime Tea (Butiki)
Premium Taiwanese Assam (Butiki)
Special Dark (Mandala)
Xingyang 1998 Golden Leaf (Verdant)
Golden Fleece (Verdant)
Silver Buds Yabao (Verdant)
Milk Oolong (Mandala)
Hu-Kwa (Mark T. Wendell)
Paris (Harney & Sons)
Manistee Moonrise (Whispering Pines)
Coconut Pouchong/Oolong (Golden Moon or Zen Tea Life)

Ohio