It’s been a long time since I’ve written any notes here, mostly because I’ve been on a tea buying hiatus since May and have also been interning/shadowing at my local hospital, which has been very exciting. Anyway, I hope all you wonderful Steepsterites are doing well!

I had a cup of Morning’s Journey with breakfast today, and wow, I’d forgotten how delicious it is! It’s so malty and smooth, and gently pokes my brain into waking up. I need to drink it more often.

Terri HarpLady

Oh, I miss this one. I wish I would have bought some more awhile back, because the last couple times I visited the website it was still down. I need to get someone in Kansas City to pick some up for me.

Ag

I just checked their Facebook fan page, and it looks like they’re replacing this with a similar blend called Full-Steam. They have pictures of their new tins, too, which look very nice. Hopefully their web store will come back up in the near future!

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, I also checked out the FB page & noticed that Morning’s Journey wasn’t on there. Bummer. Hopefully Full Steam will be as good, but I liked the name too.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Ag

Terri HarpLady

College student. Anthropology and evolutionary biology major with various interests ranging from theatre to medicine to programming.

I enjoy black teas, green teas, pu’er, and oolongs (uaually aged or roasted/dark), depending on my mood. I’ve had limited experiences with white, mate, honeybush, matcha, and rooibos teas/tisanes. I’m not much of a fan of jasmine teas.

I’m still trying to figure out a rating system to go along with my developing tea tasting skills, so pardon any inconsistencies in my numerical ratings. At the moment, my rating system is as follows:

96-100: This tea is a must-have (or at least, a must-try).
90-95: This tea is amazing. I love it!
80-89: I really like this tea, and I may be inclined to get more of it once I run out.
60-79: While I like this tea, I don’t plan on having it in constant supply in my tea stash.
50-59: I dislike this tea. It’s tolerable enough for me to finish the cup, but I don’t think I’ll be trying it again any time soon.
Below 50: I don’t like it at all. (Ranging from “I avoid it” to “You couldn’t get me to drink it if you paid me”)

Current favourites:
Irish Breakfast (Butiki, Adagio, or Golden Moon)
Grandpa’s Anytime Tea (Butiki)
Premium Taiwanese Assam (Butiki)
Special Dark (Mandala)
Xingyang 1998 Golden Leaf (Verdant)
Golden Fleece (Verdant)
Silver Buds Yabao (Verdant)
Milk Oolong (Mandala)
Hu-Kwa (Mark T. Wendell)
Paris (Harney & Sons)
Manistee Moonrise (Whispering Pines)
Coconut Pouchong/Oolong (Golden Moon or Zen Tea Life)

Ohio