Gift from carol who

I received this tea in a little gift pack from carol who who was kind enough to send me a starter pack to show me how you guys do tea swaps around here. Very sweet of her. ^^

I have to say that Teavana has yet to impress me. This one was interesting but I couldn’t get into it. It was so OILY. I have never had a tea that ran me off due to being too OILY before. But this one is weirdly oily.

I think it’s citrus oil? or chocolate oil? I have no idea, but you can see the oil separating on the cup and it just isn’t my cuppa. It smells neat, it tastes okay… But not great to me. And I couldn’t drink super oily tea. It just weirds me out on some level.

Anyway, the flavor isn’t wowing me and I know I won’t seek this one out for a purchase. But man the idea of orange chocolate tea … I wish.

Flavors: Chocolate, Orange

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Roswell Strange

I still have nightmares about this one.

Hahahaha. Omg it’s not just me. XD

Cameron B.

In my experience, teas that have actually chocolate in them (not nibs or cocoa bean) tend to get an oily film. Gross.

Cheri

I’ve also found that teas with actual chocolate in them seem get that oily film on them. I’ve learned to ignore it if I love the tea. Just make sure you clean your teaware to remove it, or it shows back up in the next tea you make.

Arshness

Uggh yeah. >_< I cleaned my Ingenuitea thoroughly after that. It was icky.

But the flavors here didn’t amaze me anyway. I was hoping for “Orange Tootsie-roll Pop!” and it tasted more like “Who ruined this… orange flavored syrup water with a hint of chocolate and oil?”

haha. >_< Well it was at least an adventure!

madametj

I’m totally with you. Totally unimpressed with everything I’ve tried from Teavana.

Comments

Roswell Strange

I still have nightmares about this one.

Hahahaha. Omg it’s not just me. XD

Cameron B.

Cheri

Arshness

Uggh yeah. >_< I cleaned my Ingenuitea thoroughly after that. It was icky.

haha. >_< Well it was at least an adventure!

madametj

Loves tea, reading, music, art, video games, roleplaying, and spending time with her wife and daughter. :)

Ask me for a $5 gift cert to Adagio if you’ve never ordered from them!

As for tea, loves flavored black teas, herbals, and good lattes most. Green is hit or miss with me and I haven’t found a white I like yet. I like my tea sweet, no matter how much some tea connoisseurs turn their noses up at me for it. I love trying new teas and I’ll try anything once!

I noticed this elsewhere on the site so I’m going to post a ratings legend as well:

95-100 Favorite; This is one of my favorite teas. I will want to keep this in stock all the time. I will drink a lot of this tea. I’m likely to send samples of this in swaps because I LOVE it and want to SHARE my love of it with you!

90-94 Excellent; Some of the best teas I’ve tried. Delish. I will probably buy more.

80-89 Very Good; I liked it and would like to have it again for sure. I will surely buy it again at some point. Not quite “The best” of any category, but some good stuff to be sure.

70-79 Pretty Good; Maybe it’s just not quite my type of tea or not quite my flavor, but I acknowledge that it’s a good tea. I might drink it again if the mood strikes me. Not very likely to buy it again. May still recommend it to others based on their tastes.

50-69 Okay; I probably won’t buy it again, but will probably finish drinking what I have. It’s not bad. Not good… but not bad. I probably won’t recommend it.

50 or less Meh; I didn’t really enjoy this tea. I won’t buy it again and can’t recommend it.

10-0 I must have really, really hated this tea. It may have killed my puppy or absconded with my cheesecake. I’m pretty sure it killed Professor Xavier.

Alabama :c