drank Berry Blues by Adagio Teas

A friend got a sample of this and I got to finish off his sample. I’m not sorry there isn’t any left. The dry tea smells clearly of dried blueberries. That is important, because I know that (to me) blueberry juice is just a sweet ho-hum… On to the tea…
It brewed up surprisingly dark for an herbal, reddish like a Ceylon. Blueberry = Sweet in my mind. This tea wasn’t sweet — It was sour! A direct kick to the back edges of my tounge with no apologies. The true components of the tea shine through…rose hips and hibiscus (I looked it up). I don’t get blueberries out of the this — I get cranberries! There were a lot of dried apple pieces, easily 1/3rd of the bulk of the tea mix. I didn’t detect any apple flavor directly..the other components were just too bold, but I think the apple smoothed over the sour components and kept the result from being puckering sour.
Bottom line: I’d drink this again, but I think blueberry isn’t an accurate representation of what it delivers.

I remember when I discovered that there was more to tea than hot or iced. I was given a loose tea sampler (M.T.W.) and a stainless steel tea ball as a Christmas gift many years ago, by whom I cannot remember. That was the start of what will be a life-long love of fine tea. I discovered Steepster from a blog entry on the Mark. T. Wendell website…and have, from Steepster, discovered even more fine teas and vendors. Bravo!

Austin, Texas