drank House Chai by The Steeping Room

a quite tasty traditional chai with all the correct spices. Can brew up strong, so would likely take milk well. I don’t drink it milked…perhaps a little touch of sugar to help bring out the sweet spices is all I’ll add. I’ve not verified what all the spices are in this Chai, so taking a stab at a couple that stood out…. There is either some black pepper or ginger…just enough to give it a little tingle and spice heat on the tongue. Cinnamon and clove…definitely a clove finish. A bit harsh and astringent at first…cut it with some more hot water and a touch of sugar and the harshness mellowed. The astringency was there, but ruined by the the sugar after it was added.

I remember when I discovered that there was more to tea than hot or iced. I was given a loose tea sampler (M.T.W.) and a stainless steel tea ball as a Christmas gift many years ago, by whom I cannot remember. That was the start of what will be a life-long love of fine tea. I discovered Steepster from a blog entry on the Mark. T. Wendell website…and have, from Steepster, discovered even more fine teas and vendors. Bravo!

Austin, Texas