drank Nilgiri Full Leaf TGFOP by Andees

My employer is setting up a new project in India, so we’re getting some tea’s brought back by the people we’re sending there to get things started. This Nilgiri is initially very pale and slow to brew, even with boiling water. Patience and a full 4 minutes resulted in a light “nut” brown brew. it has a faint dried leaf aroma when steaming, but it lasts only as long as the steam. The mouth feel is very light; extremely mild taste. It has a pleasant after taste and mildest lingering tea flavor. In fact, I get more out of the aftertaste than when its actually in your mouth. I think if I drink this too fast, I’ll miss most of the enjoyment.

I remember when I discovered that there was more to tea than hot or iced. I was given a loose tea sampler (M.T.W.) and a stainless steel tea ball as a Christmas gift many years ago, by whom I cannot remember. That was the start of what will be a life-long love of fine tea. I discovered Steepster from a blog entry on the Mark. T. Wendell website…and have, from Steepster, discovered even more fine teas and vendors. Bravo!

Austin, Texas