drank Crème de Menthe by DAVIDsTEA

Having the teas out of my “24 Days” sampler a bit out of order… Getting ready to settle down and thought a nice tea latte was in order. Out comes this sample as I thought it might make a good latte. The smell of the dry tea was decidedly creme de menthe for me (have a bottle and a bit sitting in my cupboard for my after a cold day’s hike hot chocolate…) The steeped tea also smelt minty, though a bit different from my liqueur. I tried a sip of the tea nude (the tea that is), and could really smell and taste a minty taste. Then I sat down to enjoy the latte, and am very undecided. I get a mint-ish aftertaste to it, mixed in with I think the licorice… The tea/latte isn’t very “creamy” and feels like its lacking something (maybe a shot of real Creme de Menthe?).

Really not sure where I want to rate this tea yet – Maybe when I finish the rest of the sample (with some creme de menthe)

My parents are British so I grew up drinking tea (usually earl grey or orange peakoe). A month ago while hanging at a local mall, waiting for my car service to be done, I came across David’sTea. Since then I’ve been in loose leaf tea heaven, and my wallet has even getting lighter ;)

Delta, BC