Now, I don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea, but I want to be honest when I say that I don’t really know much about green tea because I don’t really like it that much. I keep trying, but I always end up leaving half my cup filled and abandoned with whatever green tea blend I try.

But that changed tonight.

I tried some Taffy Terror with a little bit of organic sugar and was completely floored! All I can taste is the taffy. Honestly, it’s almost creamy! Not a flavour I would expect from a green tea at all.

If you’re a green-tea-skeptic like me I would really recommend this!

Michelle Butler Hallett

Good to know. I’d been eyeballing that one. It’s available year-round under the name ‘Gunpowder Taffy,’ too.

Beckara

Yes! It is, but I’ll be honest, I was a bit seduced by the Halloween themed label!

Dorothy

Have you ever tried green tea w/ jasmine before? That is the one blend that “sold” me on green tea. Wish I could send you a sample but I drank all of mine!

Beckara

Ooo, is it really good? I think I’ll try it. Would DavidsTea’s Butterfly Jasmine be a good pick, do you think?

Dorothy

The one I tried was from the Tea Emporium (Imperial Jasmine). But David’s is probably the same thing.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Oh my … jasmine green tea is exquisite! But you also get what you pay for. There are what, 19 grades of quality? I wonder is jasmine flowers don’t have a slightly narcotic effect; after two cups, I start feeling happy and a bit giggly.
I’ve tried Stash’s basic one, ‘Jasmine Blossom’ — even in bags, it’s quite good. A local teashop here in St John’s sells some Dragon Jasmine Pearls that are just … oh, bliss. The teashop owner warned me I would not be able to go back to lesser grades after trying the Pearls, and she was right.

Paul M Tracy

I just placed an order with DavidsTea right before reading this note. I’m glad I included this one. It sounds perfect for the Fall.

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

Paul M Tracy

Hello, Steepster!

I’m a twenty-something who attends Concordia University studying English Lit and Irish Studies. I also work at an online store that sells party supplies and costumes! My life is literally a party everyday!

Besides my work/school I’m also a comic book lover. I love attending conventions and have, in the past, done so in costume! (In 2009 it was Sally Jupiter). I also co-author a web comic called Abe and Kroenen and plan on being the author for a couple more upcoming projects. You can check those all out on my website/blog if you’re interested!

Now! About tea!

Formerly an avid coffee drinker I realised that 1. I didn’t really like the taste and 2. I really wasn’t ever getting enough sleep. The switch to tea was, at first, a painful one as extensively my knowledge of tea reached only so far as what was available at Tim Hortons and what my grandmothers kept in their cupboards.

I had a roommate, however, that never drank coffee—and slowly but surely I found myself converted. Then, just last summer, I stumbled upon DavidsTea and my life was changed forever.

Besides David’s, I also visit Teaopia whenever I’m back in Ontario, I’ve recently uncovered Camellia Sinensis in Montreal and new place that I’m yet to try—Milly’s Boutique!

I’m also a strong believer in Twinings and The Stash Company, and I’ve recently ordered some teas from 52teas, The Republic of Tea and Andrews & Dunham and I’m eagerly awaiting their arrival!

P.S. I love to write, and I love tea so expect me to chatter about in my reviews quite a bit!

Current Favorite Teas:
Cocoa Paradiso by David’s Tea
Coco Chai Rooibos by David’s Tea
Lady Grey by Twinings
Rooibos Chai Organic by Camellia Sinensis

Montreal, QC (Formerly Cambridge, Ontario)