So I’ve never really had just a straight, white tea before! I’ve had a few different flavoured varieties but never just the tea on its own. I probably never would have tried this tea if left to my own devices, but last night I was invited to a little seminar at the David’s Tea near my house. We tasted different teas, and talked about the benefits of tea and how different kinds are processed and blended. I really enjoyed it!

And I really enjoyed this tea! It has a sweet grassy taste—but it isn’t a bad thing! If you’ve ever had one of Jelly Belly’s Bertie Botts grass flavoured beans, you’ll know what I mean when I say it isn’t a bad taste. It reminds me a bit of honeysuckle, or clover and doesn’t need sweetener at all to be incredibly pleasant to drink!

For real. I left David’s Tea with a tin of it immediately after the tasting!

Dorothy

I’ve been looking for a good white tea to try. So I’ll give this a shot when I go through my stash of Spring White Pearls.

Beckara

I was actually surprised. With white tea I was always a little bit like “Man, it’s so expensive! It can’t be THAT good…OMG IT IS!”

Michelle Butler Hallett

I love a good white tea. Cheap white tea, like Celestial Seasonings — don’t bother.

Oh, silver needles — I could write poetry about that one.

Stash carry a white Darjeeling. Ah-maz-ing.

Comments

Dorothy

Beckara

Michelle Butler Hallett

Oh, silver needles — I could write poetry about that one.

Stash carry a white Darjeeling. Ah-maz-ing.

Hello, Steepster!

I’m a twenty-something who attends Concordia University studying English Lit and Irish Studies. I also work at an online store that sells party supplies and costumes! My life is literally a party everyday!

Besides my work/school I’m also a comic book lover. I love attending conventions and have, in the past, done so in costume! (In 2009 it was Sally Jupiter). I also co-author a web comic called Abe and Kroenen and plan on being the author for a couple more upcoming projects. You can check those all out on my website/blog if you’re interested!

Now! About tea!

Formerly an avid coffee drinker I realised that 1. I didn’t really like the taste and 2. I really wasn’t ever getting enough sleep. The switch to tea was, at first, a painful one as extensively my knowledge of tea reached only so far as what was available at Tim Hortons and what my grandmothers kept in their cupboards.

I had a roommate, however, that never drank coffee—and slowly but surely I found myself converted. Then, just last summer, I stumbled upon DavidsTea and my life was changed forever.

Besides David’s, I also visit Teaopia whenever I’m back in Ontario, I’ve recently uncovered Camellia Sinensis in Montreal and new place that I’m yet to try—Milly’s Boutique!

I’m also a strong believer in Twinings and The Stash Company, and I’ve recently ordered some teas from 52teas, The Republic of Tea and Andrews & Dunham and I’m eagerly awaiting their arrival!

P.S. I love to write, and I love tea so expect me to chatter about in my reviews quite a bit!

Current Favorite Teas:
Cocoa Paradiso by David’s Tea
Coco Chai Rooibos by David’s Tea
Lady Grey by Twinings
Rooibos Chai Organic by Camellia Sinensis

Montreal, QC (Formerly Cambridge, Ontario)