drank Baked Apple by DAVIDsTEA

David’s Tea! I am impressed.

I’ve tried three of their Holiday teas tonight, and each has been delicious and remarkable on its own merits. I wasn’t sure about ending the night with this, but now I’m glad I did! It’s perfectly sweet and cider-like. This was another tea that I loved to look at in the tin.

A bit like David’s Forever Nuts, with a nice apple-cinnamon edge to it.

Michelle Butler Hallett

I just read about this one on the David’s site yesterday … the anise stopped me, as I really don’t care for it, but I might buy a sacrifical amount to store in a clear jar just for looks. Do you taste much anise?

Beckara

You know, I didn’t really. But then, I don’t hate anise, so I might not have picked it out as easily or as readily as someone who doesn’t like it. I’m going to drink the tea again today, and I’ll get back to you on whether or not I can taste it. I’ll look for it. But, seeing as it’s something with such a strong flavour, I’ll say that is enough going on in the tea that you won’t notice it.

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

Beckara

Hello, Steepster!

I’m a twenty-something who attends Concordia University studying English Lit and Irish Studies. I also work at an online store that sells party supplies and costumes! My life is literally a party everyday!

Besides my work/school I’m also a comic book lover. I love attending conventions and have, in the past, done so in costume! (In 2009 it was Sally Jupiter). I also co-author a web comic called Abe and Kroenen and plan on being the author for a couple more upcoming projects. You can check those all out on my website/blog if you’re interested!

Now! About tea!

Formerly an avid coffee drinker I realised that 1. I didn’t really like the taste and 2. I really wasn’t ever getting enough sleep. The switch to tea was, at first, a painful one as extensively my knowledge of tea reached only so far as what was available at Tim Hortons and what my grandmothers kept in their cupboards.

I had a roommate, however, that never drank coffee—and slowly but surely I found myself converted. Then, just last summer, I stumbled upon DavidsTea and my life was changed forever.

Besides David’s, I also visit Teaopia whenever I’m back in Ontario, I’ve recently uncovered Camellia Sinensis in Montreal and new place that I’m yet to try—Milly’s Boutique!

I’m also a strong believer in Twinings and The Stash Company, and I’ve recently ordered some teas from 52teas, The Republic of Tea and Andrews & Dunham and I’m eagerly awaiting their arrival!

P.S. I love to write, and I love tea so expect me to chatter about in my reviews quite a bit!

Current Favorite Teas:
Cocoa Paradiso by David’s Tea
Coco Chai Rooibos by David’s Tea
Lady Grey by Twinings
Rooibos Chai Organic by Camellia Sinensis

Montreal, QC (Formerly Cambridge, Ontario)