Can’t believe I haven’t added a tasting note for this puppy, yet.

This is my favorite from David’s fall collection. I bought an extra 100 grams to stash away, knowing that this is a limited tea, and I only drink it now on special occasions to make it last. Anyone who wants to try Pu’erh tea but is a bit intimidated by the signature ‘earthy’ taste should consider giving this a whirl. It’s creamy, excellent with a dash of milk, and has an excellent coconut-chocolate taste that isn’t too much of one or the other. (what I mean by that, is that even a friend of mine who doesn’t usually like the taste of coconut enjoys this tea). The blend is, in my eyes, absolutely perfect and if there was a way to rate a tea higher than 100% I would!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
Michelle Butler Hallett

It’s total yum.

DecemberMint

Drat! Too bad this tea is only part of the fall collection! You make it sound fantastic!!! I wonder if David’s will have any remnants still lurking about? If not, I suppose I’ll have to wait till next year! Thanks for the review

Dorothy

@DecemberMint. If it’s still online you can still order some. If you live near a store, just phone ahead to see if they have any in stock. I’ve heard they can also sell you some if it’s out of season and you buy A LOT (I’m talking like a whole canister or something).

Beckara

The David’s Tea on my street (this is why I’m always there, ladies) still had it when I went in on Monday, along with some of their other fall teas.

I’m looking forward to the two teas being released in December for Christmas.

Jaime

If there were a David’s Tea on my street, I’d be in so very much trouble.

Beckara

I swear, I think I’ve paid the store’s rent at least once, now ;)

Meghann M

I agree with Jaime, I’d be very much in trouble if there were a Davids on my street as well:) I love reading your notes about their teas Beckara!

Beckara

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

It’s total yum.

DecemberMint

Dorothy

Beckara

I’m looking forward to the two teas being released in December for Christmas.

Jaime

If there were a David’s Tea on my street, I’d be in so very much trouble.

Beckara

I swear, I think I’ve paid the store’s rent at least once, now ;)

Meghann M

Hello, Steepster!

I’m a twenty-something who attends Concordia University studying English Lit and Irish Studies. I also work at an online store that sells party supplies and costumes! My life is literally a party everyday!

Besides my work/school I’m also a comic book lover. I love attending conventions and have, in the past, done so in costume! (In 2009 it was Sally Jupiter). I also co-author a web comic called Abe and Kroenen and plan on being the author for a couple more upcoming projects. You can check those all out on my website/blog if you’re interested!

Now! About tea!

Formerly an avid coffee drinker I realised that 1. I didn’t really like the taste and 2. I really wasn’t ever getting enough sleep. The switch to tea was, at first, a painful one as extensively my knowledge of tea reached only so far as what was available at Tim Hortons and what my grandmothers kept in their cupboards.

I had a roommate, however, that never drank coffee—and slowly but surely I found myself converted. Then, just last summer, I stumbled upon DavidsTea and my life was changed forever.

Besides David’s, I also visit Teaopia whenever I’m back in Ontario, I’ve recently uncovered Camellia Sinensis in Montreal and new place that I’m yet to try—Milly’s Boutique!

I’m also a strong believer in Twinings and The Stash Company, and I’ve recently ordered some teas from 52teas, The Republic of Tea and Andrews & Dunham and I’m eagerly awaiting their arrival!

P.S. I love to write, and I love tea so expect me to chatter about in my reviews quite a bit!

Current Favorite Teas:
Cocoa Paradiso by David’s Tea
Coco Chai Rooibos by David’s Tea
Lady Grey by Twinings
Rooibos Chai Organic by Camellia Sinensis

Montreal, QC (Formerly Cambridge, Ontario)