Delicious.

I’m really not a ‘tea bag’ person and buy loose tea whenever I can manage it, so I bought this loose as well and I used quite about 2 tsp of it when I made my cup. Mostly because I’m heading out into the cold (to go to the movie theatre for HARRY POTTER! YAY!) so I wanted something strong to hold me upright against the wind.

I love this tea. It’s my favorite from the Republic blends I’ve had. It’s strong, spicy, and moments after a sip I can still taste the flavour. I do like strong tasting teas, (for years I drank my coffee as strong, black, and angry as I could) because I hate watery pathetic flavourless dribble. I found this tea sensational and if I could smuggle a cup into the theatre with me tonight, I would.

Traditional chai taste, very full flavour, certainly peppery, and perfect with some milk and honey as per the suggestion. I’ll certainly have more of this in the future!

Hello, Steepster!

I’m a twenty-something who attends Concordia University studying English Lit and Irish Studies. I also work at an online store that sells party supplies and costumes! My life is literally a party everyday!

Besides my work/school I’m also a comic book lover. I love attending conventions and have, in the past, done so in costume! (In 2009 it was Sally Jupiter). I also co-author a web comic called Abe and Kroenen and plan on being the author for a couple more upcoming projects. You can check those all out on my website/blog if you’re interested!

Now! About tea!

Formerly an avid coffee drinker I realised that 1. I didn’t really like the taste and 2. I really wasn’t ever getting enough sleep. The switch to tea was, at first, a painful one as extensively my knowledge of tea reached only so far as what was available at Tim Hortons and what my grandmothers kept in their cupboards.

I had a roommate, however, that never drank coffee—and slowly but surely I found myself converted. Then, just last summer, I stumbled upon DavidsTea and my life was changed forever.

Besides David’s, I also visit Teaopia whenever I’m back in Ontario, I’ve recently uncovered Camellia Sinensis in Montreal and new place that I’m yet to try—Milly’s Boutique!

I’m also a strong believer in Twinings and The Stash Company, and I’ve recently ordered some teas from 52teas, The Republic of Tea and Andrews & Dunham and I’m eagerly awaiting their arrival!

P.S. I love to write, and I love tea so expect me to chatter about in my reviews quite a bit!

Current Favorite Teas:
Cocoa Paradiso by David’s Tea
Coco Chai Rooibos by David’s Tea
Lady Grey by Twinings
Rooibos Chai Organic by Camellia Sinensis

Montreal, QC (Formerly Cambridge, Ontario)