drank Dragon Pearls by DAVIDsTEA

Day 56 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA challenge.

My dad calls these “dragon balls,” to which I can’t help but giggle and think of tea leaves with little stars inside…. perhaps I should brew seven and make a wish on them sometime!

Geekiness aside, it was an interesting experience. I brewed around 1tsp in a clear cup, mostly in a tea ball, but I put three in the cup itself so I could watch them unfurl. It was a nice little show, I must say, though not as colourful as a blooming tea.

The taste… I’m not a fan of jasmine, but this was a lot better than I thought it would be. Not at all bitter when a shorter steep time is stuck to, and it’s still rebrewing quite nicely a few cups later (I save the tealeaves in the ball and have had a couple cups since). I plan to milk this teaball-full as long as I can before getting rid of them!

A Canadian girl interested in the arts, books, geeky things, and tea. Especially the tea part.

Currently engaged in a tea drinking challenge of epic proportions. (1001 teas, 1001 days. December 1st, 2013 – August 28, 2016)

I’ll be adding a few teas to my cupboard — if anyone would like to swap for something in there, please feel free to contact.

Canada