Given that my city just got two feet of snow dumped on it this weekend and another foot is expected tonight, I had resigned myself to my Tea Table subscription not getting here for another week at least. However, I give respect to the US Postal Service after all, because there it was this morning!

This one sounded delicious and smelled very peaches-and-cream-y, both in the leaves and while steeping. And there is an absolutely lovely peaches and cream taste to it, but there’s also an immense bitterness as a taste and as an aftertaste. I dropped two lumps of sugar in, and it’s drinkable. I think perhaps if I were having this with dessert I would enjoy this level of bitterness for the flavor, but if this is a typical steep then it’s definitely not a morning tea —

— Wait, hang on a sec. I just had a brilliant idea: milk.

— Oh yes, that does it! A tiny splash of milk cut right through the bitterness. It really brings out the flavor, too. Oh, this is good! Definitely heavy on the cream with a hint of fruit; I wouldn’t necessarily pin “peaches” on it if I didn’t already know, but it’s not not peaches. I think I need to make myself another cup of this and add milk right away this time.