drank Florence by Harney & Sons

I have been shamefully neglecting to log this, despite Doulton’s kind swapping when I specifically wanted this one! I just seemed to keep drinking it at times when I would have had to give a really rushed tasting note that wasn’t worthy of the tea. So, consider this a backlogging x 5!

I’m not usually a big fan of chocolate teas: I figure, if what you want is chocolate, make some cocoa! But the luscious descriptions of this kept drawing me in. First I tried it plain, and I thought: Okay, it’s not bad, but what’s the big deal? Then I tried it with milk.

Om nom nom nom nom!

Oh! So I get it, now.

With milk, there’s a chocolate taste, yes, but there’s also a thoroughly creamy hazelnut that blends in perfectly, and supporting both of those there’s a strong black tea base to remind me that this isn’t a cocoa experience. Cocoa is a comfort drink, a lazy drink, something to sip while doing something else. Tea is its own justification! Mmm, tea.

Cofftea

I often steep tea (either chocolate or chai) in milk and then add cocoa… that way I can have the health benefits of all 3!=D

Cait

grin That’s thorough!

Comments

Cofftea

Cait

grin That’s thorough!

I like tea!

Since joining Steepster, it’s become apparent that this statement desperately needs further refinement.

United States