drank Pu Erh (EC05) by Nothing But Tea

My first pu-erh, courtesy of a fantastic sampler sent to me by Angrboda!

…Okay, I totally see what everyone is talking about with the smell. There is definitely a delicate odor of cow barn here. (When people talked about “barnyard”, I was imagining something like the hay and leather scent of a riding stable, but no: this, my friends, is cows.) Weirdly, though, it tastes like it smells and it tastes good; I don’t know what to make of this! I am, so far, confused by pu-erh tea.

I did the first few steeps at near-boiling, under thirty seconds, and then had a few with cooler water and longer times. The tea didn’t get noticeably bitter, but the first few steeps were juicier, I think. The color was an utterly gorgeous red-gold!

So: I am intrigued enough to come back for more. We shall see!

Lori

I tried my first pu-erh the other day and I was quite suprised by its taste and I enjoyed it…

Angrboda

i’m glad you’re at least not scared away, even if you’re not sure how well you like it yet. :)

Cait

I like trying new things! …In small, carefully-controlled doses. ;)

Comments

Lori

Angrboda

Cait

I like trying new things! …In small, carefully-controlled doses. ;)

I like tea!

Since joining Steepster, it’s become apparent that this statement desperately needs further refinement.

United States