drank Khumbu Green by The Tea Table

Okay, wow! This is a tea meant to be cold-brewed (which is how I like my iced tea) so when this arrived for my tea-of-the-month subscription I was very excited to try it. Sadly, the weather lately has been rainy and cold and entirely off-putting to the whole concept of iced tea, so it took me a while to finish up my previous carafe of iced tea so that I had something to brew this in, and then I wound up leaving this tea brewing in the fridge for something like three or four days!

Given how long it was brewing, I was pretty worried when I pulled it out: it looked barely darker than plain water, and I thought that maybe I hadn’t used enough leaves (I put in my standard three heaping spoons for two liters). But I poured myself a glass anyway, and even before I tasted it I could smell the tea as I lifted the glass. It smelled earthy and green and not at all weak, so I closed my eyes and had a sip — and wow! That’s some tea! The adjectives that come to mind are “hearty” and “toasted” and “solid”, which clash oddly with visual ones such as “watery”.

Definitely a new standard in iced tea for me.

Rabs

Wow — that really does look like barely tinted water! I’m so glad that it turned out so well :D

Cait

I may actually try mixing this with another tea to get a different color next time! Pretty much every scientific study out there backs up the color/taste association, which is kind of neat in that brains-sure-are-weird way. ;)

Comments

Rabs

Cait

I like tea!

Since joining Steepster, it’s become apparent that this statement desperately needs further refinement.

United States