Trying a second steeping of this tea now. I elected to increase the time by 30 seconds just to see how it came out. This time, the fresh hay flavor that I experienced in my first try has deepened to a more straw-like flavor, more roasty and rich tasting. The mild sweetness is still there. Overall, I enjoyed this one just as much as the first, and it’s interesting to see how the taste changes between steepings.

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Sobacha
Blueberry
Cherry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Chocolate-Orange
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Dammann Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root