Trying this one as a cold brew today. I put this and some spearmint green in the fridge last night before bed (about a heaping teaspoon in 8 ounces of water for each one). Thanks again to Stephanie and Cheri for sharing your cold brew wisdom! Before taking it out, I made a simple syrup to sweeten with because trying to stir sugar into iced tea is one of my biggest pet peeves! >:|

I’m actually a little bit disappointed with this as a cold brew. The tea flavor is there, but I’m not getting nearly as much strawberry as I would like, even with sweetener added. There’s also a tiny bit of bitterness there, so I’m not sure if I shouldn’t have let it steep as long as I did (it was around 12 hours or so I think). Overall, it’s not bad but I definitely prefer this tea hot. I’m not going to change my rating because I feel like when a tea is also good iced, it’s a bonus rather than an expectation.

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

im not good with cold steeps. But sometimes i make it like iced tea, hot and chill.

Cameron B.

Yeah I might try doing this one that way and see how it compares. That might help with the bitterness.

yyz

Bitterness could be caused by either too long a steep or too much leaf. I usually steep mine 6-8 hrs overnight,but I am definitely not a regular cold steeper. I cold brew my flavoured greens and some of my Oolong’s.

Cameron B.

I think I’ll try this one again with both of your methods – the chilled hot brew and the shorter cold steep. Thanks for your comments and advice! :3

Stephanie

Good luck…you are good for not getting frustrated and trying again!

Cameron B.

@Stephanie – If it had been horrible I wouldn’t try again. :P But it wasn’t bad, just underwhelming.

Comments

boychik

yyz

Stephanie

Good luck…you are good for not getting frustrated and trying again!

Cameron B.

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Flavored Black
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Mild Sencha/Kabusecha
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Currently Exploring:
Chinese Black
Oxidized/Roasted Oolong

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root