Backlog from last night! I got this tea as a swap from Ost. I wanted to purchase it when I made my order, but they were sold out of the 1 ounce packages and I didn’t want to buy a larger quantity not knowing if I would like it. The dry tea looks like mostly rooibos with some flower petals (Della Terra loves those) and some dried citrus peel. I have no idea what the leaf smells like because the resealable bag that it’s in smells strongly of S’mores (the other tea Ost sent me). I brewed 1.5 tsp for 3 minutes.

The brewed tea smelled lovely – like sweet lemon pudding and meringue. Yum yum yum! The taste followed suit. It’s light, sweet lemon at first, with the lovely addition of vanilla. There’s definitely a creaminess that I could associate with pudding and the vanilla kind of translates to meringue for me. The one thing I didn’t get from this was crust, but that’s okay with me. There was a nice lemony aftertaste. Honestly, the flavors were all nice, but this tea came out a bit weak for me. I have enough for a small cup so I’ll try it with a longer steep time for me, and see if that helps. Holding off on the rating until then!

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Meringue, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

I wanted to like this…just can’t get past the rooibos :/

Cameron B.

I didn’t really notice a ton of a rooibos flavor, but that’s the reason I only steeped it for 3 minutes.

Ost

Weird that you thought it was weak, it was strong for me. And I usually just use 1tsp. Should have doubled the zip lock on the S’mores…didn’t even think about it. >< I actually thought this tea was stronger, smell wise. So weird.

KiwiDelight

It’s strong for me when I let it steep for 7+ minutes.

Cameron B.

KiwiDelight I have enough left for a 4 ounce cup or so. I’ll make sure to do at least 5 minutes. I’ve just had long steeps make the rooibos overpower in my past experience.

Comments

Stephanie

I wanted to like this…just can’t get past the rooibos :/

Ost

KiwiDelight

It’s strong for me when I let it steep for 7+ minutes.

Cameron B.

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Flavored Black
Light to Medium Yunnan
Mild Sencha/Kabusecha
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry