I needed a little break after drinking new black teas all day! This sample is from KiwiDelight. I checked the Den’s website to see what exactly fukamushi sencha is. Turns out it just means that this is a deeply steamed sencha!

The aroma is very mild and sweetly vegetal with a little bit of wet grass. This is definitely the most seaweedy tasting tea I’ve had yet. And I don’t necessarily mean that as a bad thing! The primary taste is definitely seaweed, but there are also spinach and grass notes common among most senchas I’ve had. The flavor is quite mild, which I wouldn’t expect from something “deeply” steamed. I guess it has the opposite effect of what I would assume! Not to be confused with shaded sencha! :) Tasty, but not my favorite sencha ever.

Flavors: Grass, Seaweed, Smooth, Spinach

Sounds yummy!

Cameron B.

It was definitely exactly what I needed after all that tasting and thinking earlier! :) Sencha is such a nice refresher, I definitely need to find my favorite and keep it in stock.

Cheri

Exactly! It’s nice, easy to drink, flavorful but not overwhelming. I need to do the same.

Mandy

Ooh, I just got a sample of this today, I need to try it. I don’t know if I’ve actually tasted seaweed in a tea before, but it sounds like a note I would enjoy.

Comments

Cheri

Sounds yummy!

Cameron B.

Mandy

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Sobacha
Blueberry
Cherry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Chocolate-Orange
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Dammann Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root