Morning everyone! I’m trying this same tea again today because I felt like I didn’t really get all it had to offer when I tried it before. scribbles gave me some steeping parameters to try (thanks!) so today I’m trying a 4 minute steep using 4 pearls.

I really love the smell of this tea! It’s very honeyed and has a nice raisin or fig note. I would be in heaven if it tasted exactly like the smell! Sadly, that is almost never the case with tea. :P

Today it tastes quite malty with maybe a touch of honey in there. I maybe get a little bit of cocoa? But it’s definitely bitter cocoa with no sweetness. In fact, I’m getting a little bitterness out of this tea today… That honeyed dark dried fruit that was in the aroma is also there in the aftertaste, yum.

In other news, my boyfriend and I are going to have a new roommate soon. His good friend from California recently graduated from college and my boyfriend managed to get him a job at his workplace. So he’s going to be living with us for a bit at least, which I don’t mind. However, our spare bedroom is full of boxes of shit, basically. So my boyfriend has to go through that and sort out what needs to be tossed, etc. Which means now there’s a humongous pile of empty boxes near the front door, which I will have the pleasure of breaking down and taking to the recycling room today… Hooray? :P

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

I really hate it when I underestimate the amount of tea left in the cup and dump it all over myself when I go to down it… Just saying. :P

TheKesser

My husband and I had a friend live with us too last year. I really hope it works out for you. My only advice, set a deadline of when they need to move out. That’s something my husband I didn’t do, and unfortunately we basically had to tell him to leave at a certain point…

Cheri

I agree with TheKesser. Set a deadline or you will have a roommate for forever.