It’s been while since I had a chai (I’m not counting that Thai Chai earlier because it was more of a very mildly spiced condensed milk). And this one is caffeine free, which is lovely because for some reason, I tend to be low on caffeine free options. I can see whole cloves and big pieces of dried orange peel in the mix, along with pieces of ginger root and cinnamon bark. It smells very gingery and spicy, which is a good sign. There’s a little wisp of vanilla. I brewed 5 minutes and added a little condensed milk and sugar.

Even with the additions, it smells very spicy. And it still tastes quite spicy too, hooray! I didn’t kill it! ;) The ginger is very strong, and it makes my tongue tingle! I can also detect the clove and the warmth from the cinnamon. There’s no sign of the rooibos base, and only a very little hint of vanilla. The vanilla would probably be more obvious without the milk and sugar, though, so I’m not going to count that against it.

Overall, I am very pleased with this as a late night option. It’s simple and good chai. There’s a little bit too much ginger in my opinion, but that’s more a of personal taste. Would definitely recommend as a caffeine free choice!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Vanilla