drank Nosy Bey by Dammann Freres

Another tea from Shadowfall. Yay more Frenchies! I chose this as an afterthought because I didn’t want to make her ship $2 worth of tea to me. I love peach and I love vanilla even more, so I’m glad I get to try this one. It smells lovely, very peachy with lots of vanilla. There are a few chunks of candied peach and some rose petals mixed in with the tea leaves. I did the usual 3 minutes at 200 degrees.

This tea is delicious! It definitely blew away my mediocre expectations. Yes, the peach is lovely, but the vanilla flavor is done really well here. I would definitely describe it as a bourbon vanilla, I can taste that lovely woodiness alongside the sweetness. This is quite possibly my favorite type of vanilla. There’s also just a little whisper of rose, especially near the end of the sip. The aftertaste is lovely tart peach and that amazing vanilla. I added a little sugar and it’s just sublime. The base tea isn’t really detectable, which is fine by me considering how well done the flavoring is. Maybe it’s part of that bourbon vanilla woodiness? I couldn’t say.

Well done, Dammann Freres! And I’m so glad that I have a decent amount of this tea. Many happy peachy, vanilla-y days ahead!

Flavors: Apricot, Peach, Rose, Vanilla

Ost

Mmm that sounds delicious!

Cameron B.

You’ll definitely like it if you enjoy peach and that sort of woody-style vanilla. I have a good amount of it so I’ll send you some whenever we do another swap. :P

Cameron B.

And I bet it would be really good iced, I’ll have to try that!

yyz

Dammann has a bourbon vanilla tea.http://www.dammann.fr/flavoured-black-teas/899-bourbon-3259920000523.html. Your tea sounds awesome by the way!

yyz, yum that one has caramel too! Sounds amazing. :D

Comments

Ost

Mmm that sounds delicious!

Cameron B.

And I bet it would be really good iced, I’ll have to try that!

yyz

yyz, yum that one has caramel too! Sounds amazing. :D

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Mariage Frères
Mellow Monk

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root