Sipdown!

This is definitely my favorite of the Della Terra teas I ordered a few weeks ago. A few of the others had really artificial flavors, which were okay for the first try, but after that I found they made me a bit nauseous. This one does have flavoring, but I actually enjoy it. The blueberry is more of a blueberry jam flavor than fresh. The cream is kind of vanilla-ish and it’s definitely stronger than the blueberry, which is okay, but I would prefer if the blueberry were stronger. It’s not overly rooibosy, and I don’t taste the black tea at all.

Overall, a relatively good dessert tea but not a very good blueberry tea, which is what I’m looking for.

Sarsonator

The hunt continues…

Dexter

(If you have some of this in the house, you can add a little to save disappointing teas like the one mentioned – or you can just add it to your favorite base and make your own blueberry teas…)

Ehhhh I see hibiscus… :(

TheTeaFairy

(You can trust Dexter, she’s her own little tea-mixologist in her spare time :-))

Shrug – the hunt continues…. :(

Cameron B.

Do you like hibiscus? Or can you just not taste it much in that blend?

Dexter

I like hibiscus – so it’s hard for me to say. I don’t think this is overly tart, but I’m not really sensitive to it. IMHO – if blueberry teas don’t have a little hibiscus they end up being too sweet and “jammy” like you mentioned – if you want the “fresh” blueberry taste you need a little tart to balance the sweet.
If you don’t like hibby – then that blend is probably not for you…

Comments

Sarsonator

The hunt continues…

Ehhhh I see hibiscus… :(

TheTeaFairy

Shrug – the hunt continues…. :(

Cameron B.

Do you like hibiscus? Or can you just not taste it much in that blend?

Dexter

If you don’t like hibby – then that blend is probably not for you…

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Mariage Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root