Another tea from Nicole! Jeez, I think half of my stash is from her… ;) The black tea leaves almost look like they’re rolled, which is interesting. It smells very honey-sweet, with some vanilla and caramel in there too. Yummy! I steeped for 3 minutes. When I saw the wet leaves, I immediately thought that I was wrong about the base tea. They look very similar to oolong leaves to me. So I double-checked the description and it says Indian black tea. Hrm…

It’s odd, I feel like I taste oolong, too! There’s that slight autumn leaf thing going on, which is something I would attribute to roasted or oxidized oolong (or houjicha). Strange! I guess I just don’t know what Indian black teas taste like! That being said, I like this tea very much! It has a very strong honey flavor (yum) along with some vanilla and caramel goodness playing around. I get a definite fruitiness, especially in the aftertaste – it reminds me of tart apricots and plums. Delicious! And overall, it’s very creamy, and the base tea itself is quite light in flavor.

Nicole, I may have to buy the rest of this from you! We shall see…

Flavors: Apricot, Autumn Leaf Pile, Caramel, Cream, Honey, Malt, Plums, Vanilla

Sarsonator

Your tea is having an identity crisis. :p

Sure sounds good, though!!!

Cameron B.

Hah. I just don’t know jack about Indian teas. :P I wonder what kind it is!

Nicole

I’m so glad you liked this one!

Me too, Nicole! I still think it’s lying about being black tea! :P

Comments

Sarsonator

Your tea is having an identity crisis. :p

Sure sounds good, though!!!

Cameron B.

Hah. I just don’t know jack about Indian teas. :P I wonder what kind it is!

Nicole

I’m so glad you liked this one!

Me too, Nicole! I still think it’s lying about being black tea! :P

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Sobacha
Blueberry
Cherry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Chocolate-Orange
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Dammann Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root