MUST TRY ALL THE YUNNANS! Lol… Another one from Nicole! This one looks less tippy than the other Upton variety I tried yesterday, or whenever it was. The leaves are small and thin, not remarkably twisty, and almost all black with just a few golden spots. They smell of hay and dried leaves.

Whew, I could tell by the aroma that this is one of those Yunnans. Meaning, the manly kind, lol. The aroma and taste are basically exactly the same. It’s very earthy with a mineral edge. There’s a woody taste along with a definite smoke note (Nicole, you’re not paranoid on this one). A bit of malt in there too, but it mostly tastes like what I would call “forest floor” – earth and rocks and twigs. There’s a bit of a musty taste to it as well.

Finding myself to not be a fan of these darker Yunnan teas. I’ve been far too spoiled by their lighter counterparts! :P

Flavors: Earth, Malt, Mineral, Musty, Smoke, Wood

TheTeaFairy

YOU GO CAMERONALL THE YUNNANS!!!

Cameron B.

I WILL OM NOM NOM THE WORLD! RAWRRRR!

Nicole

“forest floor” is a good description for a lot of these. :) Good phrase.

I dunno, I think “forest floor” sounds more pleasant than I intend it to. :P

Comments

TheTeaFairy

YOU GO CAMERONALL THE YUNNANS!!!

Cameron B.

I WILL OM NOM NOM THE WORLD! RAWRRRR!

Nicole

“forest floor” is a good description for a lot of these. :) Good phrase.

I dunno, I think “forest floor” sounds more pleasant than I intend it to. :P

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Sobacha
Blueberry
Cherry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Chocolate-Orange
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Dammann Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root