drank Coffee Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Pass the Stash TTB 2.0

I’ve been wanting to try some teas from David’s for a while now. I wish they would add smaller size options to their website! This smells quite similar to Della Terra’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake, and there are even little pieces of candied pineapple in there. It has the same butter/cake flavoring scent. At first I thought there was only one serving in the sample package, but it turns out there’s enough for two. Yay! I steeped for 4 minutes.

This tastes very similar to Pineapple Upside Down Cake too. It has the same artificial butter and cake flavors that I don’t love in that blend. I definitely wouldn’t describe this as coffee cake, there’s no spice element. When I think of coffee cake, I picture the kind with cinnamon and sugar streusel over the top. Yum! But this isn’t it. Boo. :(

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Cake, Cream

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Flavored Black
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Mild Sencha/Kabusecha
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Currently Exploring:
Chinese Black
Oxidized/Roasted Oolong

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root