Pass the Stash TTB 2.0

I don’t have a lot of experience with white teas, so I figured I’d try the few that are in here! This one looks different than any other white tea I’ve seen – it’s a combination of fuzzy silver buds and small leaves of multiple shapes. Similar to bai mudan, but on a smaller scale. It smells of alfalfa and hay, mmm… For some reason I find that scent comforting.

Whoa, the brewed aroma surprised me. It smells very similar to sencha! Vegetal with squash and spinach, but there’s some hay in there as well. Interesting! The taste is quite similar to the smell. It’s like a combination of green and white teas! It’s vegetal but in a lighter way than sencha normally is. Then there’s also the white tea side of it – creamy, light, with hay and alfalfa notes, and maybe something a little bit floral. And even a little bit of sweetness! Overall, I like this a lot! :)

Flavors: Butternut Squash, Creamy, Hay, Spinach, Vegetal

Hello, my name is Cameron. I’m 25 years old and currently living in New York state with my lovely boyfriend (a software architect). I am currently not employed, which leaves plenty of time for cooking and tea-drinking! I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-face dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one. :(

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Taiwanese Blacks
Yunnans (esp. Pure Bud)
Lightly Roasted Oolongs
Japanese Greens
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Capital Tea Limited
Yunnan Sourcing

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Strong Licorice Root