drank Choconut Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

Pass the Stash TTB 2.0

Hooray, another David’s tea! This sounds delicious and I have recently discovered a love for dark oolongs, so it was a no-brainer for me. Dry, it smells quite coffee-like. Definitely hazelnut coffee with some mocha in there too. I happen to like coffee, especially as a flavor, so not a problem for me! David’s seems like it’s been hit-or-miss for me so far, but I have high hopes for this one. I did 5 minutes at 200 degrees, using the whole sample, which was about 1.5 tsp.

The brewed aroma is very nutty, which is amazing! There’s definitely chocolate there too, but the nut is the main event. The taste is also centered around the hazelnut flavor. The chocolate is a lovely complement, and I also pick up on caramel and cream notes. There’s still something quite coffee-like about the whole thing, perhaps because the cocoa beans are roasted combined with the oolong base (it doesn’t specify the type of oolong here, but it’s very dark and I would assume roasted from the taste).

My only issue with this tea… LICORICE. HOW DARE THEY ADD LICORICE TO THIS! It doesn’t make any sense here and it makes the end of the sip have that weird creeping sweetness that reminds me of artificial sweeteners. I dunno, the licorice might be a deal-breaker for me… There’s just no reason for it to be here. >:(

Flavors: Caramel, Cocoa, Coffee, Cream, Licorice, Roasted nuts

Stephanie

I hate licorice. And I hated this tea. High fives?

Cameron B.

Lol, I didn’t quite hate it, but it was definitely severely damaged by the licorice. So high five anyway! :P