drank Marshmallow Macaron by Teavana

I have a confession to make… I went to Teavana today. Hangs head. I was at the mall with my mother and sister and we were walking by the store, so I figured might as well. Actually, I’m glad I did go in, because I picked up a couple of cute little tins (http://www.teavana.com/tea-products/tea-storage-tins/p/pompom-tea-tins) at half price! So worth it! As usual, the salesperson was annoying and overzealous about trying to get me to taste all of the samples. And of course, when I picked out a couple of teas to buy, he wanted to give me 2.7 ounces when I said I wanted 2 ounces. No sir!

Anyway, this tea. It smells wonderful and sugary, just like it should. I was in for a big surprise when I took the first sip… HIBISCUS. It was so tart! The flavors that I could taste underneath the tartness were good, but it was hard to focus on anything other than the hibiscus! I don’t even understand why anyone in their right mind would decide to include hibiscus in a marshmallow flavored tea. Those two things are pretty much complete opposites! Are these people crazy?! Rage rage rage.

So anyway, after that I spent a while picking all of the hibiscus petals out of my two ounces of this tea. We’ll see how it tastes after that another time.

Teavana, you are on my shit list! >:(

Flavors: Cake, Coconut, Frosting, Hibiscus, Marshmallow, Sugar, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Tealizzy

Ya! What the heck?! Why would anyone think hibiscus should be in that tea?! Those tins are super cute though!! :)

Sarsonator

Those tins are adorable!!!!! Personally I like hibiscus in teas that I don’t mind sweetening, but it does seem like an odd addition with marshmallow.

jump62359

I went to teavana today as well!
I don’t like teavana at all. The only reason why I went was to pick up my 1oz of free tea bc Starbucks hehe :) The lady did convince me to purchase a tin though, so I picked out the cute purple/blue one. I’m not a fan of teavana’s teas, and most especially their prices/overpouring. I honestly only ever go for the free oz and I know forsure they wouldn’t overpour for me.

The lady was persistent on making me a cup of tea and I was like No thank you! I’ll be back next time! And that next time would be when I get my free tea.

Lariel of Lórien

Thanks for talking me out of trying that one. I’m still going by Teavana this weekend. Because I have a plan.

apt

The newer stores have excellent customer service. They only sell in increments of 2oz, so you pay for 2oz, and they’ll usually throw in another scoop of tea! Once the guy there slightly oversteeped my tea (one guy helping 3 clueless people pick out stuff to buy!) and gave it to me for free. It wasn’t bitter at all! I came back the same night and bought some loose leaf and they recognized me and he apologized again and asked me how the tea was. That’s when he threw in the extra tea for free.

Comments

Tealizzy

Sarsonator

jump62359

I went to teavana today as well!

Lariel of Lórien

apt

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Flavored Black
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Mild Sencha/Kabusecha
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Currently Exploring:
Chinese Black
Oxidized/Roasted Oolong

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root