This sample came from Nicole (sorry it takes me so long to get through your packages – you send me so much! :P). I have no idea what a jackfruit is, or what it would taste like… This tea is a mixture of rather large and straight green teas leaves and little stubby black tea leaves. There are sizable pieces of orange peel along with some fruit chunks and flower petals. The dry scent is… odd. It’s quite sour and reminds me of pickle brine with a fruity edge. That kind of worried me, heh! I went for a 5 minute steep (recommended is 4-5).

Oh thank goodness, the brewed tea doesn’t smell sour or pickly at all! Just very fruity (similar to mango) with some vanilla and little bit of green tea. Wow, this is delicious! :D It has a lovely creamy fruit flavor, like a mango smoothie. The vanilla is a lovely addition. The green tea base tastes a little bit like autumn leaves in the background. Near the end, I get a flavor that I originally thought tasted a bit like banana taffy, but after reading the description, it’s definitely almond extract. Really lovely!

Overall, this tea reminds me of a mango smoothie with vanilla almond milk. Yummy!

Flavors: Almond, Autumn Leaf Pile, Fruity, Mango, Sweet, Vanilla

Nicole

I’ve never had a jackfruit either. :) But I like this tea.

Cameron B.

Seems quite similar to mango to me, if this tea is accurate. And I love mango! :D

Comments

Nicole

I’ve never had a jackfruit either. :) But I like this tea.

Cameron B.

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Mariage Frères
Mellow Monk

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root