I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while now, since I love blueberry and I’m always on the lookout for the perfect blueberry tea. Luckily, Roswell Strange was kind enough to send me some in our recent swap. Visually, it’s generic black tea with dried blueberries and random flower petals. The smell is jammy, sweet blueberry. Yummm…

Hm… I do enjoy the blueberry flavoring used in this tea, it’s sweet and jammy and delicious. I also enjoy the addition of elderberry in here, it adds a lovely depth. I get a hint of mintiness near the end of some sips, which is odd since there’s no mint here. My problem with this tea is the stevia – it adds that weird artificial sweetener aftertaste that I hate. And I don’t find that the stevia actually makes it very sweet, I added sugar to mine. I also find it a tad bit astringent for some reason.

So close, but not quite. Poo on stevia! :(

Flavors: Berries, Blueberry, Jam, Sweet

Roswell Strange

I always forget there’s Stevia in this one; for some reason I can’t taste Stevia. Guess I’m lucky? Glad it wasn’t AWFUL though :)

Cameron B.

It was really good otherwise. Poopy stevia. :P

Amariel

I can’t taste the stevia in that one either, but I still don’t like that it is in there.

Comments

Roswell Strange

Cameron B.

It was really good otherwise. Poopy stevia. :P

Amariel

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Mariage Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root