drank Maple Moose Chai by David Rio

I got this one from Nicole. It’s a powdered chai mix, which I don’t think I’ve ever tried before. But it has maple and sounded so delicious that I had to request a sample from her! The sample was probably a couple tablespoons, but she just wrote to use the whole thing so I didn’t measure it. I made mine with vanilla soy milk because I don’t have any regular milk right now and I love vanilla!

Holy cow, this is very sweet. But I love it! Super delicious and creamy. It’s very mildly spiced and she’s right, you don’t taste much tea. The maple isn’t overpowering, just a lovely accent. Overall, this would probably be too sweet for most people, but I find it delicious and ridiculously indulgent. I wish this company offered a sampler of all of their different chai mixes. There’s a mango version which sounds amazing! :P

Flavors: Creamy, Maple, Spices, Sweet

7 OZ / 207 ML
Nicole

I have sometimes found sample packages in places like gift and home stores. The mango is the one that got me hooked to begin with and the green tortoise is the only thing I like to put matcha in.

Only thing I dislike about the David Rio mixes is that they use so much product for a cup you go through the tin pretty quickly. I got my last off of Amazon since a 2 pack and a single can get you to the free shipping level. :) They are handy to have around on a cold morning when you want sweet and creamy.

Comments

Nicole

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Flavored Black
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Mild Sencha/Kabusecha
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Currently Exploring:
Chinese Black
Oxidized/Roasted Oolong

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root